4/29/2009

Drop Dead Fred remake in the works....wait...what?


Word has gotten out that Universal is having a new adaptation written for it's cult(?) flick Drop Dead Fred. I loved the original, I'll admit that, I'll also admit that I was 8 when I loved the original. I don't see any good reason to remake this flick unless they are planning on taking the premise and going completely away from the original. Taking the role of Fred will be Mr. Love Him or Hate Him, Russel Brand, personally I can't stand the guy but he's getting offers left and right so he must have something. Sadly Phoebe Cates, the girl of my pre-pubescent dreams, is not set to make her comeback with this remake. Anyway I guess we can be looking forward to remakes of Stay Tuned or Mom and Dad Save the World soon as it appears the remake pool has been drained and we are only cleaning out the filters now.