4/14/2009

Ghostbusters 3 or Police Academy 8?


I am extremely excited for the upcoming Ghostbusters video game, it's visually stunning and really seems to capture the theme and feel of the original movies. I wish the same could be said for the new movie that's in development. We have heard everything from Ghostbusters in space to the Judd Apatow crew taking the reigns and honestly we have yet to hear one promising bit of information save for the fact that the original crew is set to return. Well it looks like that Jr. Ghostbuster's club rumor may be true according to Ray Stantz himself, Dan Akroyd, who was quoted by /Film saying the following:

“There will be a whole new generation that has to be trained, and that whole new generation will be led by an individual who you’ll all love when you meet him but I’m not going to tell you anything yet,” teased Aykroyd. “They’ll be lots of cadets, boys and girls, who’ll be learning how to use the psychotron, the accelerators and all the new stuff, the neuron splitter, which is going to be the interplaner, interceptor and all these great tools that they’re going to have, to flip from dimension to dimension.”


I may be misreading this, but I got in my head a visual of Ghostbusters meets Police Academy, if that's the case I'd rather they not make the film. Honestly at this point I don't think they should make the film at all and only further the story through other mediums like the video game. I mean honestly have you seen Harold Ramis, Bill Murray and Dan Akroyd latley? Not that they were ever Alpha male type action stars, hell that was part of the joke, but they have really hit the wall at this point and would probably just look pathetic in the jumpsuits. Ernie Hudson's probably the only one that would remain convincing. I'll end this post by saying I love the Ghostbusters, even Ghostbusters II, and I'll pray that I'm wrong about this third installment. Until then here's hoping that the franchise isn't ruined for some late career paychecks.