9/28/2009

Nightmare on Elm Street teaser trailer!


Last night around midnight, the new teaser for Michael Bay's Nightmare on Elm Street finally hit, and no I didn't sit around waiting for it although I was up watching the Colts/Cards game. In the trailer, we get to see just how thoroughly Jackie Earle Haley has immersed himself into the role of Freddy Krueger. To me, he was the perfect choice for the role, and the scenes of him both before and after the devastating burns that transform him support my thinking. Nightmare on Elm Street is all about mood and tone, and it appears that the film is going to have it in spades.

My chief concern is the same one I have with most Platinum Dunes remakes, in that they all look similar to me, and rarely do anything truly groundbreaking or inventive. Oftentimes it seems like they are content just rehashing the old material and sprucing it up a little. I'm kinda getting that vibe here, too, but I'll withhold judgement for now.

A Nightmare on Elm Street is set to be released on April 30, 2010.