12/04/2009

Coming Soon: The Book of Eli





To be honest I can't remember if we've talked about 'The Book of Eli' starring Denzel Washington and I'm just too damn lazy to look back. Wow does this movie look awesome, check out the trailer above and then read the rest of this post.....Ok, you watched it? How bad ass is Denzel as an action star? I know it's because of his immense ability as a dramatic actor but why isn't he in more true action movies? We've seen him in the genre before but never like this, generally he's just a cop with a gun but here he's a certified ass kicker with whatevers available whether it's a blade, his hands, or whatever else is around. The scene under the bridge alone had me ready to pluck down my $10 for admission. The flick also stars Mila Kunis and opens nationwide on January 10th. So what do you guys think?