6/22/2011

1st look at Steve Carell and Keira Knightley in Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

While I'm still very curious to see how Lorene Scafaria's(Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist) Seeking a Friend for the End of the World will be marketed, it remains one of the most intriguing films on the radar. It looks like an odd blend of tones that could prove to be problematic. Set against the impending destruction of the planet, Steve Carell plays a father who goes on a road trip with his neighbor(Keira Knightley) to find his childhood sweetheart. Along the way they meet a number of folks, and I'm guessing fall in love or something. Just a thought.  We've got our first photo from the film, showing Carell and Knightly looking mighty tense. If I knew the end of the world was coming, the last thing I'd do is walk the dog or worry about my record collection. My comic books are a different story.