7/12/2012

"Homage" trailer for Tim Burton's 'Frankenweenie'


There's is little that brings me more instant joy than not caring either way about a movie and then being an insta-fan when I see a trailer. As you all should know Comic-Con is underway and with that comes highly anticipated trailers. I had heard about Frankenweenie but honestly didn't care much...thought it too be just Corpse Bride with a different plot. What I didn't realize was that the look Tim Burton used on Corpse Bride was perfect for something set in the Edward Scissorhands world. That is easily my favorite motif, if that's the right word, for a movie. The 50's suburban sci-fi feel where all the world looks just a bit off and there's an awesome narrator to tell you just how THRILLING!!! and SHOCKING!!! certain things are, with accompanying text overlay of course.

While I don't know how well this flick will sit with kids, honestly seeing the Disney logo kind of surprised me.  It's all harmless really, but it may be off-putting for kids under 8. Check out the amazing trailer below!