3/02/2013

Sam Raimi to write 'Evil Dead 4' this summer


I'm sure Sam Raimi can't go anywhere without someone asking him about another Evil Dead film. With the Fede Alvarez-directed remake coming our way soon, and the director's Oz the Great and Powerful hitting theaters in a couple of weeks, the questions have probably picked up considerably. While doing press for the Oz film in London, he was asked about Evil Dead 4, and surprisingly he admitted that it's definitely in the cards. Here's the quote captured by Bleeding Cool...

"I would love to make Evil Dead 4. My brother and I plan to work on the script this summer."

Two vastly different Evil Dead movies running at the same time, though? That would be very interesting to see, indeed. The "brother" Raimi is referring to is likely Ivan Raimi, who he tagged with on the scripts for Army of Darkness and Drag Me to Hell. It's probably not Ted Raimi, who does the bulk of his movie stuff in front of the camera. 

I've made no secret that I'm not the Evil Dead fan many others are. It's just not my chosen genre. But for those of you who love it, how excited are you for this?