12/26/2013

Gal Gadot Talks Physical Training to Play Wonder Woman in 'Batman vs. Superman'



Ever since Gal Gadot was named to play Wonder Woman in Batman vs. Superman, there has been a ton of criticism over the decision, and the vast majority of it that I've heard has been about her physique. To me that's absurd given how physical she's proven to be in the Fast & Furious movies, and because even Ben Affleck is pumping up to play Batman. Do people really not think Gadot is going to undertake a similar program? While on an Israeli talk program, Gadot revealed she's already started getting buff to play the Amazonian princess.

Gadot: "It’s the physical preparations that I’m starting now. A very serious training regimen – Kung Fu, kickboxing, swords, jujutsu, Brazilian. A thousand and one things. I’ll gain body mass."

She even has a few words for those who think her body type isn't accurate enough to reflect DC Comics' fictional version of the Amazons...

Gadot: "I represent the Wonder Woman of the new world. Breasts anyone can buy for 9,000 shekels and everything is fine. By the way, Wonder Woman is Amazonian, and historically accurate Amazonian women actually had only one breast. So, if I’d really go 'by the book', it’d be problematic."

I remember years ago when fans complained Hugh Jackman was too tall to play Wolverine. Heck, I was one of them. You don't hear those complaints anymore, and I suspect in a couple of years people will get over Gadot not looking like Chyna or something. Actually it seems people want her to be more like Gina Carano, or for Warner Bros. to just hire Carano outright. I wouldn't have complained if they did (and it would be interesting given her on/off again relationship with Henry Cavill) but Gadot has more long-term upside in my opinion.

Batman vs. Superman opens July 17th 2015. The full interview is below, and if she already wasn't hot enough listening to her talk in Hebrew is pretty sexy. Oh, and the above image was done by a fan. Chances are she'll look very different when all is said and done.


Gal Gadot's first Wonder Woman interview | Batman-News.com by BatmanNewsCom