5/10/2014

Sigourney Weaver Will be Transformed in the 'Avatar' Sequels


Even though her character Dr. Grace Augustine didn't make it out of Avatar alive, she and James Cameron have made it clear she will be returning. Some months ago Cameron said this about her presence in future sequels, suggesting she could be sticking around for awhile...

Cameron: "But have you ever heard of nonlinear storytelling? A lot happens on that planet before she shows up, and before Jake shows up to join her. She’s there for fifteen years ahead of time. I don’t know, but I wouldn’t jump to conclusions. And I’ve already said way too much about Avatar 2 and 3 here and there, but people piece it together like those voice cameos and tell the whole story!" 

And now speaking with Vulture, Weaver has confirmed that she will be back for Avatars 2, 3, and 4, which will be shot back-to-back, and her character is going to undergo a transformation each time....

Weaver: "It will be challenging for me. I can't talk about it, but my part is a little different in each one. I'll transform somewhat."

Avatar 2 is set to open December 2016, with the sequels following each year after.