12/04/2014

Luke Evans says he may Exit 'The Crow' Reboot



As I speculated last night when Luke Evans' name was suspiciously absent from recent reports on The Crow reboot, which just landed a new director in Corin Hardy, the actor appears to be on the way out. While talking with Den of Geek, he says all of the production delays are causing a problem with his busy schedule and may force him to exit.

Evans: “It’s not, no. No, at the minute ‘The Crow’ is not, not for me, I think it’s a little… I mean I’m sure it’s going to go ahead at some point, but I have other projects that are greenlit and ready to go and projects that I’m very interested in and you know, I can’t wait much longer! [laughs]” 

He would be only the latest in a string of departures from the film, a list that includes Mark Wahlberg, Bradley Cooper, Tom Hiddleston, Bradley Cooper, F. Javier Gutierrez, and Juan Carlos Fresnadillo. If Evans does drop out it will be another setback for the adaptation of James O'Barr's graphic novel, which became a cult favorite 1994 film starring Brandon Lee.