12/02/2015

Daisy Ridley Talks "Unreal" Role in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'; New Photos of Kylo Ren, Vader's Helmet, and More


We are now in the Star Wars month, people. In just a couple of weeks Star Wars: The Force Awakens hits theaters and ushers in a new era for George Lucas' beloved creation. And part of that is a new generation of young characters; some on the bad side like Adam Driver's Kylo Ren, and others on the good like John Boyega as Finn and newcomer Daisy Ridley as Rey. As one might expect, the whole experience being part of the Star Wars family was overwhelming for Ridley, who shared her thoughts on it on Good Morning America...

"I came out [of the film screening] and I’m like, ‘Yeah, I’m cool,’ and then I got in the car and I was like 'Wahhhh' the whole way. And then the whole way home. It’s the first time I’ve really seen myself do something, so I was quite overwhelmed...."Sometimes I look back on things and I’m like, ‘Ah,’ like the first few months of filming I cannot remember. I was just like overwhelmed and so emotional. So I think in a few years, to look back will be [nice]. But right now it just feels exciting. But also unreal. It doesn’t feel like it’s going on."

Meanwhile, Rolling Stone has unveiled a huge new piece on the film with lots of little details that are revealed. You can read it for yourself if you want to have a few things spoiled (like the confirmed return of a fan favorite character), or you can choose to keep as much a mystery as possible. That said, there is at least one new detail in the latest batch of images, namely the owner of Darth Vader's destroyed helmet. You can check that out below.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens opens December 18th.