1/30/2009

Bloodsport 2? Van DAMME YOU!!!!


My favorite movie as a kid was Bloodsport and JCVD was my hero, I'm not ashamed to admit that. However if Mr.VD (hehe VD) decides to go ahead with his plans for a Bloodsport 2 then he will forever have tainted himself in my thoughts and mind. People talk of George Lucas raping their childhood for the Star Wars special editions..well check this quote from Jean Claude and I'll show you the true raper of past cinematic glory. The following is a quote from TotalFilm;
“You know, like, we’re gonna do Bloodsport 2,” he told us in a recent interview. “Which was my first movie. And I want to do it now in a very mature way, where the guy from Bloodsport is a complete bum, maybe abusing his son.”

“They told me, ‘No, no, no! You cannot make a movie in America where a father is abusing his son physically! It’s wrong.” “And you cannot be a guy on drugs doing karate and shit like that.’ I said, ’Why? Why? Tell me why.’ “It’s against the rules of success. But I believe the other rules of success. To show something real.”


Mature way? Child Abuse? DRUGS?!?!?! That is NOT Frank Dux. How bout this you Van Douche, make the movie but stick to the formula. Just because you had some minor success in the indie world doesn't mean you can bring that emotional, deep, meaningful SHIT to my action world...leave that where it belongs and kick some ass...if you even CAN anymore