1/07/2009

Broken Lizard's The Slammin' Salmon redband trailer




I've never really understood why people love Broken Lizard so much. I didn't laugh once at Super Troopers. A friend and I still to this day talk about how bad Camp Dread was. And I simply can't finish Beerfest no matter how hard I try. I keep thinking I should like them because their brand of humor is right up my alley, but nothing ever seems to click. These guys have no less than five projects in the works right now, so clearly they have a devoted fanbase. Their next project, The Slammin' Salmon, looks promising. It's about an upscale restaurant run by a former boxing champion. When he decides to hold a contest to see which of his staff can sell the most food, hijinks ensue.

Why does this look promising? Three words: Michael. Clarke. Duncan. The man simply can't not be funny. Then again if he was ever going to suck, this would be the film where he does it. We shall see. Anyway, check out the trailer, let me know what you think about the Broken Lizard crew. And while you're at it think about how they wasted that fine talent at the top of the page.