4/13/2009

Scott Pilgrim site Officially Opens


I've been neglecting to talk about the upcoming Scott Pilgrim film. The buzz from the fangeeks has been so loud and so....crazed, that I didn't want to associate myself with it. I like to think I'm above that sort of thing. I prefer to reserve my geekiness for big budget action films featuring a cavalcade of action icons. Director Edgar Wright has been posting numerous photos on his blog, mostly featuring the cast in shots that show how much they all resemble their comic book counterparts. And what a cast it is! Michael Cera plays the titular hero, who falls in love with the beautiful but...complicated Ramona Flowers. But before he can truly win her heart, he must defeat her seven evil ex-boyfriends. The amazingly hot Mary Elizabeth Winstead(Sky High) plays Ramona. Kieren Culkin, Brandon Routh, Allison Pill, Anna Kendrick(another Trav fave),Chris Evans, and Jason Schwartzman round out the cast. The comic is delightfully wacky, combining elements of manga, American superhero, and teen angst comics(ala Strangers in Paradise).

Well now the official site has opened for the film, and it features a video blog featuring Edgar Wright introducing us to the world of Scott Pilgrim. I have to say that I'm getting pretty psyched for it right about now. You can hit up the official site by clicking right.....here.