7/06/2009

Gerard Butler to Return in '300' Sequel?


So...I know what you're thinking: "Didn't Leonidas die like everybody else at the end of 300"? Uh, yeah. But apparently not even death can keep the legendary leader of the Spartan army from cashing in on a sequel, as producer Mark Canton had this to say on the idea of Gerard Butler reprising the role:


"Never assume anything; never assume anything,” he repeated when I asked if the original cast were gone for good. “It’ll be what it’ll be. But if we really do it, in this case, we have a visionary creator and a visionary filmmaker.”


300 is one of those movies I have the most difficulty talking about. Everyone I know loves it. Literally everyone. Me? I fell asleep during the damn thing. Which was sad because I enjoyed the graphic novel, and have read many books on the battle of Thermopylae and the Spartans. I found the fight scenes cool at first, but they quickly got repetitive. And don't even get me started on the boring chatter in between, which felt like it was thrown in because they simply couldn't have 100 minutes of straight fighting(although that would've been a better movie). I've seen 300 a couple of times since, and while I still don't think it's particularly good I can appreciate the action a little more.