9/25/2009

Neve Campbell in for 'Scream 4'



Let me start by saying, I loved 'Scream'. Everything about it was new, refereshing, and at the same time nostalgic and familiar. I probably watched that flick about 70 times during the summer of '97 (no, I didn't have much of a life than either). That being said, I thought it was funny and sad that my beloved movie fell victim to the very rules it set out to make fun of, number #1 being the succession of unneccesary sequels that most if not all horror movies fall to. Well ladies and gents, after years of waiting the next 'Scream' is on it's way. Wes Craven is directing, Courtney Cox and David Arquette are signed and this just in!!!! Neve Campbell, Sidney Prescott herself, has signed on to be in the latest sequel (like any of those three had anything else going on anyway). This thing goes one of two ways because I can't imagine they continue with the original Billy Loomis and his relatives story lines. Either Sidney is killed in the first scene ala Drew Barrymore, setting of the alarm of Deputy Doofy, err...Dewey (Doofy was from 'Scary Movie') to the newly active copycat killer, OR Sidney makes it though the whole movie and is so scarred and traumatized by the past events that we find out she's gone looney tunes and is the new killer. So what'll it be folks? Is anyone even interested in this one? I'm not really even sure that I am.