11/03/2009

Punch Drunk DVDs! 11/3/09

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra



Is it perfect? No. It's not exactly how I would've made a G.I. Joe movie, but it's close enough. Far superior to Michael Bay's bloated Transformers film, and a helluva lot more fun.

Food, Inc.



Look, nobody wants to see you slaughter a cow. We just wanna enjoy our meal. If you disagree with idea, this movie's for you.

The Taking of Pelham 123



John Travolta and Denzel Washington square off in a deadly game of cat and traffic controller! Perfect if you're a fan of either star, although in my humble opinion neither shines like they should.

Aliens in the Attic



If your house was invaded by little green aliens you'd probably want Doris Roberts on your side, too. I hear she's deadly with a blade.

I Love You, Beth Cooper



Dirty old men like John and I would probably consider buying this for the half a shot of nippple action we think we're going to get from the smokin' hot Hayden Panettierre. Otherwise this is a surprisingly effective teen sex comedy worthy of checkin' out.

Terminator Salvation: The Machinima Series



I'll admit, I don't know squat about this. Apparently it's an animated side story featuring Blair Williams(Moon Bloodgood), one of the key characters from last summer's film. Sounds interesting, and worth a look if you're a die hard Terminator fan. Like me.

Rocky: The Undisputed Collection (Blu-Ray)



Every single Rocky movie all wrapped up nice and neat just in time for Christmas. Yes, even the awful Tommy Morrison one. The greatest underdog story evah never looked better. Cool, so now I can watch that Apollo Creed death scene in crystal clear HD and in slo-mo just like I always wanted.

Buying from Amazon? We encourage you to do so through our Amazon links located here on the site, or through any of the links presented each week in the Punch Drunk DVDs segment. It doesn't cost you a thing, and helps us out tremendously! We're tryin' to get to Cannes next year!