11/24/2010

Stephen King reveals his Top 10 Films of 2010

Hard to believe it's that time of year again already! It feels like only last month that I was agonizing over my Top 100 films of the decade list, and now Best Ofs are already starting to show up. It won't be long before me and the rest of the WAFCA gang will be announcing our winners for the year's best. It'll be my first time voting and I'm pretty psyched!

One of the few reasons I held on to my Entertainment Weekly subscription as long as I did was Stephen King's "King of Pop" column. I always find the writer's opinions on pretty much any subject to be discussion worthy, but what I look forward to most is his yearly round up of his favorite flicks. He's just released his Top 10 faves, and as usual there are some genuine surprises, including one flick which I think flat out sucks. Here's a hint: It rhymes with Flonsters.
10. Green Zone
9. Jackass 3D
8. Monsters
7. Splice
6. Kick-Ass
5. Takers
4. The Social Network
3. Inception
2. The Town
1. Let Me In

Hey, he won't get any argument from me. Matt Reeves' Let Me In is one of the few American remakes that nearly surpasses the original. I can see King liking Splice and Monsters because they really fit neatly into his favored genre. But Takers? That one really came out of left field.