6/18/2012

Mamoru Oshii's live-action 'Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor' trailer


I've never played a Steel Battalion video game in my life. Nor will I, probably. Games involving giant mechs are some of my favorites, but that massive 40-button joystick created for the franchise intimidates the Hell out of me. So it'll never happen. Although when I see trailers like this for the upcoming game, Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor, it makes me question the decision.

Ghost in the Shell director, Mamoru Oshii, filmed this new live-action trailer for the game, and it's basically a mini movie all by itself. In fact, don't be surprised if we start hearing rumblings from Japan about Oshii possibly taking on an adaptation, based solely on the strength of this trailer, which he filmed on location in Poland.  The game is a sequel to Capcom's Steel Battalion: Line of Contact, and takes place in the year 2082 in a future where all computers have been destroyed by some sort of virus. So now military operations are run using gigantic, bipedal mechs.

Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor is set for release on the Xbox 360(w/ Kinect) tomorrow, June 19th. Check out the cool new trailer below...