10/25/2013

Check Out the First Trailer for 'Mr. Peabody and Sherman'



Mr. Peabody and Sherman, the time traveling duo that have become a bit of a cult pop culture hit over the last 30 years started out way back in the late 50's as a side segment during The Rocky and Bullwinkle Hour. More recently the duo have popped up in a variety of TV shows and movies, including The Simpsons and Family Guy. Dreamworks decided that these guys need their own feature, thanks to that I can bring you the first official trailer for Mr. Peabody & Sherman!



I'm not really sure how I feel about this, to be completely honest I really don't have too much invested in the original property so it's not like I'm going to be crushed if they totally loose the feel of the cartoons. On one hand it looks like a fun idea that kids will end up loving and maybe they'll even learn a little history while their at it. On the other hand I feel like it's a dumbed down, generic version of what we know with all of the quirk that made it famous rubbed clean. It's really hard to tell if that's coming from the footage of the movie or the hyper generic uplifting pop song playing in the background. The trojan horse joke, and my eternal optimism are telling me it was just the song.

Mr. Peabody & Sherman hits theaters March 7th, 2014