7/17/2014

First Trailer for Metaphysical Rom-Com 'The One I Love' Starring Mark Duplass and Elisabeth Moss


Marriage is tough, and Hollywood has made a ton of movies about couples who have "lost that lovin' feeling". This weekend you can catch Cameron Diaz and Jason Segel as they struggle with marital malaise in the broad R-rated comedy, Sex Tape, but if you're looking for a film that deals with a similar scenario with considerably more skill  and a touch of the paranormal, then The One I Love is for you.

Starring Mark Duplass (Your Sister's Sister) and Elisabeth Moss (Mad Men), the film centers on a couple who decide to rekindle their relationship by embarking on a weekend getaway at the urging of their marriage counselor (Ted Danson). What begins as a successful excursion quickly takes a turn for the weird and confusing when perfected versions of themselves start showing up. The One I Love shares a lot in common with Ruby Sparks in terms of relationship outlook, especially our need to "perfect" our loved ones. Easily one of my favorite films at Sundance (review to come next week, so sue me for being behind) I can't wait for others to check it out.

Directed by Charlie McDowell, The One I Love hits VOD on August 1st and theaters August 22nd.


The One I Love Official Trailer #1 (2014) - Elizabeth Moss, Mark Duplass Romantic Comedy HD by Old television