5/30/2015

Awesome Con 2015 Day One Photos: Drift King, Casper, and April O'Neil


DC's premiere pop culture event, Awesome Con, kicked off yesterday and I was happy to be there once again! I've been amazed at how quickly the 3-day event has grown in size, completely filling up the Washington Convention Center with panels, retailers, loads of special guests, and of course, cosplayers by the hundreds. At the rate it's going, we may be talking about a need to switch venues sooner rather than later. But on the plus side, the sheer number of things to do has also grown exponentially, and like San Diego Comic-Con there is pretty much something for everyone. Trust me, you don't want to miss out so get your tickets right here now

Me, I was there to hang out, snap photos of the cosplayers, and spend money on stuff I probably don't have room for. Below you'll find some of the pics I took, including my run-ins with Brian Tee, the "Drift King" of Fast & Furious: Tokyo Drift, he's also the new Shredder in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2. I also got to meet Judith Hoag aka the original April O'Neil, and Caspier Van Dien of Starship Troopers punched me in the face. They wouldn't let me near WWE diva Natalya, probably because they didn't want her to do to me what Van Dien did. Understandable. 

So it was a good day, and I should be back there for day two. If you're around, hit me up on the Punch Drunk Critics Facebook page and let me know, especially if you're cosplaying. See you there!