4/23/2009

The Brothers Bloom in 7 Short Minutes

A few months ago I posted about Rian Johnson's follow up to Brick, the noir classic that has already become something of a cult favorite since it released in 2005. That film is The Brothers Bloom, something of a comedy con movie mixed with Johnson's unique, auteuristic stylings. It stars Rachel Weisz(a personal favorite), Adrien Brody, Mark Ruffalo, and Rinko Kikuchi(Babel) in a bit of inspired casting.

Those who remember my post back then might recall how upset I was that the film had been pushed back. Originally set to release in January, it will now debut in limited release on May 15th and go wider on May 29th. I can hardly friggin' wait!

As if they could tell I was crawling out of my skin in anticipation for it, the first 7 minutes of The Brothers Bloom is available to be previewed. Judging by the look of it, I can already tell I'm going to love it. I love a good con movie, especially ones that don't take themselves too seriously. This looks like it's going to more on the fun side. And the Ricky Jay narration? Perfect.

Anyway, enjoy the first 7 minutesof what is sure to be one of the best films of 2009.