4/15/2009

WOLVERINES!!!! Red Dawn Remake Gaining Steam!

If you were a kid in the 80's like I was you probably remember the movie, Red Dawn. It was an uber-patriotic war film about what happens to a small town when the Russians and Cuba decide to invade American soil. A small group of kids gather up their weapons, their daddy's pick up trucks, and tie their favorite bandanas around their heads and decide to fight back! It starred a virtual who's who of young Hollywood at the time: Patrick Swayze, Lea Thompson(pre-tongue kissing Howard the Duck)Jennifer Grey(pre Baby in the corner!), Charlie Sheen, and C. Thomas Howell. The film made absolutely no sense at all if you give it even the slightest thought, but even to this day I still love it. Inside my mind I still shout the rallying cry of "WOLVERINES!!!" everytime I feel my personal space being invaded. Yes, even my innermost thoughts are nothing more than random movie quotes and comic book battle cries.

Well it's been known for some time that a remake was in the works. It's slated to be directed by first timer Dan Bradley, who's previous credits include working on a bunch of films I thought were awful: Spider-Man 3, Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, and Quantum of Solace amongst others. Latino Review has a script review which includes some surprising choices for the opposing forces this time around. I must say that I am intrigued.

You can find the full story and script review by clicking right......here.