3/19/2010

J-Lo Going Overboard for Will Smith's Remake?

The only thing memorable to me about the 1987 film, Overboard, was Goldie Hawn's ass. That's it. Nothing else. Maybe that made me a caveman even at the fresh young age of 10, but that's just how I remember it. The comedy starred her and longtime beau Kurt Russell. She playes a wealthy socialite who gets amnesia after falling off a boat(overboard!!!), and is tricked into playing housewife to a grungy carpenter and his four unruly kids. I haven't watched Overboard in years, and likely never will again. At least not in the form I'm used to.

Columbia Pictures is reportedly in the early stages of a remake of the Garry Marshall film, to be produced by Will Smith of all people. Why he's suddenly on this remake kick is beyond me. The interesting thing is who's taking on the Goldie Hawn role: Jennifer Lopez. Nothing's been signed as of yet, but this leads me to believe that The Fresh Prince might be looking into taking on the Kurt Russell role himself. Just call it a hunch.