5/18/2010

Sure Shots: Adrien Brody/Woody Allen; PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 4; Isla Fisher

Slow news day so far, so a quick round-up of a couple things that caught my eye....

*Adrien Brody has signed on Woody Allen's impressively cast Midnight in Paris. Brody will join Marion Cotillard, Rachel McAdams, Owen Wilson, and Kathy Bates in a story that Allen says "celebrates a young man's great love of Paris".  I hope this turns out to be more Vicky Christina Barcelona and less Whatever Works. After a period of being absolutely atrocious, Woody Allen has become somewhat cool again. I hope this continues that trend.

*Making my "So What??" file, as Disney has confirmed that Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides will be shot in 3-D. I'm shocked. How about you? It's still slated for a May 20, 2011 release.

*Isla Fisher(Confessions of a Shopaholic) has signed on to Desperadoes, a comedy that is being called a female version of The Hangover. Fisher will star as a woman who goes on a road trip with her friends to erase a nasty email that she sent her boyfriend by mistake. The script by Ellen Rapoport was part of 2009's Black List, the best unproduced screenplays of the year. The last Black List film I saw was Seven Pounds, so I don't consider being on that list any kinda badge of honor at this point.