1/18/2011

Trailer Time: Love, directed by William Eubank

I've been hearing my compadres Brandon Fibbs and Dustin Putman rave about this trailer, but I've been neglecting to watch it. It's just my nature, unfortunately. When something gets hyped, I tend to shove it aside until I discover it in my own time. Now I wish I had just listened to them and seen it sooner.  Love is the directorial debut of William Eubank, a veteran cinematographer who has been working on the film for over four years, constructing. The result is a trailer that will immediately remind you of Solaris, or 2001: The Space Odyssey, but for some reason I kept thinking of The Fountain, also. 

The highlight by far is the amazing, dramatic score by alternative rock band, Angels & Airwaves. The plan is for a box set to be released featuring the film, plus the score, plus the band's next album. That's quite a package! Love is set to debut at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival next month, but no national distribution has been secured as of yet. Add this to my list of movies I'm absolutely dying to see!  Check out the trailer, followed by the film's synopsis.



After losing contact with Earth, Astronaut Lee Miller becomes stranded in orbit alone aboard the International Space Station. As time passes and life support systems dwindle, Lee battles to maintain his sanity - and simply stay alive. His world is a claustrophobic and lonely existence, until he makes a strange discovery aboard the ship. Driven by the powerful music of Angels and Airwaves, Love explores the fundamental human need for connection and the limitless power of hope. A high-impact visual adventure, that resonates a common truth, that everyone has a story to tell and something even greater to leave behind.