7/12/2012

Jason Bateman Takes a Seat In the Director's Chair!



One of the most popular lines to say on a movie blog these days is "No more remakes", I offer a resolution. Every time Hollywood wants to remake something they should automatically make something with Jason Bateman. Balance will come to the world. I was never a member of the Arrested Development fan club when it first aired but have since submitted my application, specifically for Bateman. He's just one of those actors that I could watch in every movie and never get tired of. If you haven't seen Extract it's a definite suggestion from this guy.


Variety reports that the Teen Wolf 2 star whom I've grown to love is set to direct a new independent comedy called Bad Words. In addition he's likely to star in the film which is where my interest comes in:

Sources tell Variety that Bateman will likely play the main character, a bitter thirtysomething who uses a loophole in the system to enter a national kids' spelling bee.
Yes, it's not really a stretch from his usual role but I don't think everyone needs to stretch, if it ain't broke don't fix it and all that.