![]() |
| What exactly is going on in this poster? |
Paul Walker is breaking type in Vehicle 19 which finds him picking up a rental car that just happens to come with A/C, power windows, a hostage, reclining leather seats, and a gun. Sadly two of these upgrades were not on the paperwork he signed. As the trailer will show you he can't just go to the cops the gagged lady in the trunk is happy to point out that they are in on the whole thing! So now Walker must race against time and away from danger as he tries to save his own life and the life of his newly found carpool buddy.
I tried to be serious here but it just wasn't going to happen, of course the last paragraph or two was littered with sarcasm. I would even like to point out that I think this is a semi-cool idea that could feasibly fit in the real world. All of us have rented a car at some point, we know that the rental company doesn't clean out the car completely so who knows if there are drugs or guns hidden somewhere. The place where it all falls apart is that there is a HUMAN BEING in the trunk. I don't know about you but I at least open the trunk to load a bag or check for damage before taking a rental car.
Check out the trailer, then I will explain my doubt for this film.
Ok, so not so bad on it's own right? Here's where I take issue. If you're a studio and you want me to buy into your movie but put little effort forth in getting me to do so, then your at fault. The trailer is only exhibit A. The posters remain my exhibits B and C.
On the left is the poster which I used as the headline image for this post. Unless they were sponsoring some kind of middle-school photoshop challenge there is no excuse for this. Disregard the totally un-exciting picture of Walker they used, look at the oddly positioned hand holding a gun...why doesn't it look natural? Because they just copied and pasted an arm with a gun somewhere in the vicinity of where his arm may be. The rest of it looks like a crayola seizure and I think that's all I need say. The poster on the right is simply hilarious. Three shots of Paul Walker from different angles all looking more disinterested than the last. Who thought this was an intriguing piece of marketing? Really?!? It sounds nitpicky, I know. Just remember the money they're throwing away, flagrantly I might add, could be used to fund any one of hundreds of great un-filmed scripts out there.








