12/26/2013

Will Channing Tatum, Bruce Willis, and Dwayne Johnson Return for 'G.I. Joe 3'?


This will come as a surprise to absolutely no one, but the Internet has a habit of blowing things out of proportion. A few days ago G.I. Joe: Retaliation director Jon M. Chu said this about the possibility of Channing Tatum returning for G.I. Joe 3...

Chu: "You never know. Storm Shadow died in the first one and came back in the second one, and then other characters have died and never come back. The G.I. Joe world, the best thing about it is you never know who's coming back and who's not."

Well now Chu has come out and clarified his statement and it doesn't seem likely we'll be seeing anymore of Duke. While talking to Comingsoon, Chu said...

Chu: " It all gets carried away again. They asked me about Channing and I don't know. You never know in these movies, and that's all I said, and suddenly it became "Channing Tatum might be back." To me, every possibility is open and we're writing the script right now and we're figuring everything out. It's an extremely low possibility when you kill somebody like that, it's pretty much it, but you never know with "G.I. Joe." We did that with Storm Shadow, too."

On the other hand, he seems pretty confident the influx of star power the franchise got with Dwayne Johnson and Bruce Willis will continue...


Chu: "I'm excited to bring in new characters and fun things beyond Dwayne Johnson and Bruce Willis that we're working on and some great villains, but we're forming those ideas now," he said. "I think we're going to be shooting next year. We're pretty motivated to get that up."

That's hardly a confirmation, but it does sounds as if both will be returning for another mission. Joining them will be Adrianne Palicki as Lady Jaye, confirming last week that she would be back. Chu has also left open the door for some of the first film's stars to return, including Rachel Nichols as Scarlet.

There's still no hard release date but Chu seems pumped to get production going in 2014....

Chu: "I think we're going to be shooting next year. We're pretty motivated to get that up."

If that's true it pretty much rules him out as director of Star Trek 3, doesn't it?