2/06/2014

The Talent Show: Kate Beckinsale



Wait a second, The Talent Show is a weekly article where we feature an actor/actress from one of that weekend's releases...Kate doesn't have anything coming out this week! I know, I know, let me explain... this weekend we have Monuments Men (the title explains that one), The Lego Movie (I haven't found LEGO's hot since I was like, 6) and Vampire Academy. While I didn't see anyone in Vampire Academy that I wanted to single out, it DID remind me of the hottest vamp of all time, and THAT, ladies and gentleman, is how we get to Kate Beckinsale.

Something happened between Brokedown Palace and Pearl Harbor...Kate went from cute girl next door to full on girl of my dreams sexpot. I was hooked. Admittedly she's my type, prior to Kate my top tier lady was Elizabeth Hurley, the very woman who passed the "Super hot, super classy British chick" baton to Kate in the first part of the 2000's (hottie baton passing is an actual thing in Britan by the way, the Queen presides over the ceremony and everything). So then, just when I thought there was no way to improve on this classic beauty, Underworld came out and taught us all that there were two things that could launch her further into the stratosphere, fangs and leather.

While Kate hasn't ever sunk her teeth (pun intended) into any Academy Award type roles she has been kind enough to grace us with the kind of fun and entertaining roles that made movies popular in the first place, Click, Total Recall, and two Underworld sequels to name a few. With two movies in the pipeline she shows no sign of slowing down. That's not even to mention that at 41 she seems more beautiful than ever making her that rare Hollywood starlet that gets better with age!