5/08/2014

Two Clips from 'Frank' Plus Hear Michael Fassbender Sing 'I Love You All'


In case it hasn't been made obvious enough by my gushing review, I pretty much fell in love with the quirky musical comedy, Frank, while attending the Sundance Film Festival.  Starring Michael Fassbender in a role that requires him to wear a giant papier-mache head most of the time, the story is loosely based on the real life comedian/musician Chris Sievey aka Frank Sidebottom. VERY loosely based, I should add. It's a film I said explores the "thin line between creative genius and insanity", with some of that coming through in two newly-released clips.

While the cast of oddball band mates played by Maggie Gyllenhaal, Scoot McNairy, and Domhnall Gleeson give the film its heart, the music is just as strange and lovable. All of the vocals were performed live so when you hear Frank bust out the film's unforgettably bizarre signature track, '"I Love You All", it's really Fassbender's voice. It was largely because of this song that I braved the lines to catch Frank a second time, and while this isn't the version heard during the film's most crucial scene it's still pretty great. You can check out both clips and listen to Fassbender's "I Love You All" below.

Directed by Lenny Abrahamson, Frank opens in theaters August 22nd.