7/13/2015

Jennifer Lawrence Maybe Not Done with the X-Men After All


Over the weekend during the 20th Century Fox panel at Comic-Con, Hugh Jackman made it clear that he's done with the X-Men after the third Wolverine movie. If only all of his co-stars could be so straight-forward. A few months ago Jennifer Lawrence was upfront that she was finished playing Mystique after X-Men: Apocalypse, which isn't surprising given how in-demand she's become over the years. But now in a conversation with Yahoo! she seems to have had a second thought.

"I told Fox not to not ask me. … I want them to ask me, and then I’m just going to see how I feel in the moment when they ask. It might not make a lot of sense to a lot of people, but I feel like I’ll know when they ask. If I get a pit in my stomach and feel like I’m going to throw up, I’ll say no. And if I don’t, I’ll ask how much they want to pay me."

Ooookay. Lawrence is not only one of the busiest actresses around, but the Oscar-winner is also one of the highest-paid. She recently agreed to join Chris Pratt in the long-developing sci-fi romance, Passengers, for a cool $20M. Between the X-Men and The Hunger Games she's been in the middle of two sprawling franchises but has still found time for dramatic work in American Hustle, Silver Linings Playbook, and the upcoming biopic, Joy. Breaking away from the blockbusters would give her more time to pursue any passion projects, but it sounds like she's having enough fun with Marvel's merry mutants to totally write them off.