9/23/2017

Jesse Eisenberg And Kiersey Clemons Both Reportedly Cut From 'Justice League'


With Joss Whedon coming aboard Justice League in place of Zack Snyder, we've heard about some of the changes he's been making to the film's tone. There's some debate about the scope of those changes, with some saying they're no big deal and others saying quite differently, but when entire characters are dropped I'd say Whedon is doing something significant.

Just last month rumors began surfacing that Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor had been cut from Justice League during Whedon's reshoots. Batman-News now confirms it, based on recent test screenings in which Luthor does not appear. But they also add that Kiersey Clemons' Iris West role has been dropped from the film.

In regards to Clemons, I think her part was always the shakiest anyway. What's been interesting to me is how little she actually seems to know about what's going on. It was just a few weeks ago that she was describing how "sick" her cameo appearance was, and at the same time she was admitting to being in the dark about Whedon's reshoots...

“No, I finished all my stuff with Zack [Snyder], I wish him well and I have no idea what’s going on right now but I’m sure whatever they’re doing is necessary. I know the parts that I did introducing Iris are f*cking sick. I can’t wait to see the movie."

She also added that when January rolls around she'll be taking a break from acting, so if Flashpoint isn't geared up to go by then there could be conflicts. I'm guessing the Iris West role is going to be recast soon because the film has no writer or director at this point, and Clemons already saw her Dope director Rick Famuyiwa walk.  Cutting her from Justice League may be the first step in Warner Bros. moving on.