1/08/2009

All DC Comics Movies Put on Hold




Obviously somebody over at Warner Bros. has been reading our site. David Goyer confirmed, in an interview with IESB, that all future DC related movie projects have been put on hold until they can iron out the details of a broader plan. No word on whether or not this affects the next Batman film, but since there isn't even a script or director attatched to that yet I guess it doesn't really matter .

A few weeks ago I posted that they needed to "kill the Justice League movie" right now before they effed it up, mainly because DC seemed to have no firm idea of how to handle their stable of characters on the big screen. So I'm overjoyed at this news, because even though I may only read a couple of DC titles every month I recognize that they have the most iconic superheroes on the planet, and I want any film with these characters to succeed. Well, except for Superman. He sucks and I want any film with him to continue sucking.

Hopefully one day we'll get a Secret Six film based off the first arc of Gail Simone's series. What a wild ride that would be!