1/29/2009

Who's House? Say what? Run's Hooooouuuse!!



Run DMC is set to be the Kings of the Box Office as well. With Notorious, the biopic surrounding the life of Biggie Smalls highly regarded as a critical and commercial success, it's screenwriter Cheo Cocker is looking to do the same for rap's "kings of rock". The film will be an adaptation of Bill Adler's book, Tougher Than Leather: The Rise of Run-DMC — The Authorized Biography.

Run DMC is widely considered to be the greatest rap group of all-time. It's first true crossover stars, they produced such hits a "Walk this Way" alongside Aerosmith, "My Adidas", and "Down with the King".

I'm a guy who grew up on 80's rap music, and I've always had a great respect for Run DMC. I was never their biggest fan, always leaning more towards Whodini and UTFO(I know!) I think where I learned to love them the most is in the many appearances they made in movies and TV, or in the music videos for other rappers. They always felt like rap's biggest ambassadors. They were the flagbearers. I'm cautiously optimistic about this film. I just hope it can do these Hall of Famers the proper justice.