6/05/2009

The To-Do List!

Right now I'm sitting in my beat up old desk chair watching Danny McBride try to come up with something good to say about Land of the Lost on the Today Show. This is not an encouraging interview, and he has that look on his face the same as when I saw him talking about Eastbound & Down, which I tried to watch and couldn't stomach more than 5 minutes of.

The Hangover



I saw this on Tuesday, but that doesn't mean it's off my list. Like I said in my review, there is so many laughs in this that you will miss most of them because you're still laughing at the last joke. The Hangover is worth seeing, going out and gettind drunk with your homies, then going to see it all over again.

Land of the Lost



So why do I give a shit about Danny McBride's inability to sell this stale looking slab of a film? Because I'm leaving to see it in about twenty minutes, and I am decidedly unexcited. Will Ferrell is arguably the most overrated actor in Hollywood, but people seem to keep forgiving him all the crappy films because once every two years he does a decent one. He's best in measured doses, and the trailer looks like this will be All Ferrell, All Overacting, All the Time.

This is a pretty soft weak for new films, actually. If you're wondering why I didn't list Nia Vardalos's return to the big screen, My Life in Ruins, it's because I couldn't have less desire to see it than if they were handing out free circumcisions with admission. Besides, I still have the bad taste in my mouth after Connie & Carla. That leaves me with plenty of time to catch up with Rudo y Cursi, and maybe even Jessica Biel's foray into period pieces(every rising actress goes through this phase) with Easy Virtue. Actually doesn't look too bad and I'm curious to see how she handles herself.