8/03/2009

Jeremy Renner = Mad Max?


If I had to sit down and peg one role for the best of the year right now, it'd hands down be Jeremy Renner's performance as EOD Tech William James in Kathryn Bigelow's The Hurt Locker. It'd hard to deny that the man has come a long way from supporting roles in movies like S.W.A.T. and North Country. In an interview with his hometown paper, The Modesto Bee, Renner also seems to have his sights set on one of the most iconic roles in history. He says:

I'm also fighting to do the new Mad Max film with George Miller. That might be next summer. I'm screen-testing and meeting George Miller.


Dude. After watching Renner operating in the dust covered, post-apocalyptic looking landscape of Iraq in The Hurt Locker, I can absolutely see him as Mad Max. This sounds like a surefire winner, and with Renner's stock skyrocketing there's no better time like the present for him to cash in with a role like this. I hope this happens.