8/04/2009

Ong Bak 2 Teaser Trailer! Tony Jaa to Direct!


Everybody remembers the first time they saw Bruce Lee fight, whether it was in a movie or in some demo or wherever. Like most everyone else I was blown away by the speed and sheer ferocity at his disposal. When I first saw Tony Jaa, it was in his breakout film, Ong Bak. I had no clue what the movie was. I saw it based off one recommendation by a buddy of mine who like me always imported foreign films months in advance. To say I felt the same way as when I first saw Bruce Lee is not an understatement. Tony Jaa's style of muay boran is a wonder to behold.

Well after many years of waiting, we're finally starting to get a look at what the sequel to Ong Bak will look like. This time the film is a prequel, but technically it has nothing to do with Ong Bak as it takes place in ancient times. Tony Jaa is not only returning to star but now finds himself behind the camera. By the look of it, he seems to have a pretty good grasp of filming fight sequences. It looks phenomenal and action-packed to the friggin' hilt. I'm already putting this one ahead of Jaa's last American release, The Protector.

Ong Bak 2 is scheduled for release on October 23rd, 2009. Take a look and let us know what you think!