10/01/2009

Say it ain't so! Ninja Assassin bashed at Fantastic Fest!



Well, not fully, at least I haven't read every review that's come out but the guys over at Cinematical are not saying great things about the new 'Ninja Assassin'. Here's the thing, their main complaint is about the lack of story and that the dialouge isn't great...sorry guys but to take a phrase from the early 90's "DUHHHH". This is my main problem with critiquing movies, you have to change your rules dependant on genre, i'm sorry if that sounds incorrect but dammit it's true, different movies have different objectives. Horror movies=Scare, Action movies= adrenal response, Drama=Emotional response. Out of those three only one really needs good dialouge and fleshed out complete story and that's drama, in the other types those things really only serve as filler for what you really want to see. Now, I'm not saying you can't make a complete film out of an action or horror movie, I'm just saying it's not damning if you don't. It's still my firm belief that if 'Ninja Assasin' stays true to the hyper stylized martial arts jamboree that we see in the trailer than I'll be one happy movie goer. Not a sermon, just a thought..... (We are in no way affiliated with the Church of Jesus Christ and the Latter Day Saints...I just always thought that was a cool way to end a conversation, try it at your next cocktail party)