11/09/2009

Aliens Sunk my Battleship!



The chances of Universal's upcoming board game adaptation, Battleship, being any good were already pretty slim. I mean, was it going to be 2hrs of people shouting out "A-9" and another guy in a different ship lying and saying "Missed"? Even with action director extraordinaire Peter Berg at the helm there was no way I would've ever greenlit something like this. Well now it gets worse, as Latino Review has uncovered that the enemy for the film isn't going to be boredom...but aliens. That's right. Aliens. Little green men I'm assuming in little flying saucers. Because that's what the game was all about, y'know?

I'm much more interested in the CandyLand movie at this point. Why not just go the whole nine and make a Connect Four movie while they're at it? Or better yet, why not make a game based on my favorite game....