11/09/2009

1st Look at 30 Days of Night: Dark Days!



AintItCoolNews scored the 1st images from the follow-up to Steve Niles' Alaskan vampire tale. In it, we get a look at Kiele Sanchez, who has taken on the role of Stella Oleson from Melissa George, bloodied and ready for battle with one huge ass blade at her disposal.

Unlike what some other sites are reporting, this does NOT appear to be a straight adaptation of 30 Days of Night: Dark Days, which dealt with Stella's attempts to resurrect her dead husband, Eben. There's no mention of that aspect of the story in any of the story details I've read.

I'm not sure I dig Kiele's look compared to Melissa's. That's going to take some getting used to. However I'm still pretty amped over this sequel, which looks as if it will feature more action than the previous one, and probably a much warmer locale. Then again, the setting and the ominous mood it presented are two of the things I liked most about 30 Days of Night. Ah let me shut up before I talk myself out of being excited for this.