11/13/2009

Worst Fears Realized: Independence Day Sequel....In Two Parts!!


News like this makes it hard for me to be a movie fan. In an interview with MTV, the most loathsome director working today, Roland Emmerich, claimed that not only is he planning on a sequel to his hit film Independence Day but that he wants it to be in two parts shot back-to-back. He wants to make bigger story arc this time around, that supposedly would take place "twelve, thirteen, fourteen years" after the last one.

Now, I could tell you about how much I despise Roland Emmerich as a director. Independence Day? Hated it and everything about it. The Day After Tomorrow is in my bottom 5 movies of all-time. 10,000 BC is so insultingly stupid cavemen everywhere should've filed a protest. Although I will admit I'm sortof looking forward to seeing 2012 this weekend, part of it is that I want to see how badly he ruins what looks like a great movie based on it's trailer. I'm not totally convinced that this Independence Day thing will happen, but even the thought of it is like a spike through the squishy parts of my brain.