10/28/2014

Trailer for 'Before I Disappear' starring Emmy Rossum and Ron Perlman



Unless you're someone who pays extremely close attention during the Academy Awards, you may not know the name Shawn Christensen. Last year he won an Oscar for Best Live-Action Short for his film, Curfew, which he then went and expanded into the feature, Before I Disappear. And it turned out to be a smart move as it won him an Audience Award at SXSW, and now as it gears up for release next month the first trailer has arrived.

Starring Emmy Rossum, Ron Perlman, Fatima Ptacek (the voice of Dora the Explorer), Paul Wesley, and Christensen himself, the story follows Richie, who at the lowest point in his life is asked to spend the day in New York City with his 11-year-old niece. Despite the high praise heaped on it, to me this looks like the kind of film designed to please festival audiences, but may not work elsewhere. There certainly hasn't been a lot of buzz around it.  I could be wrong, though. Before I Disappear opens November 28th in theaters and VOD.


Before I Disappear Official Trailer #1 (2014) - Emmy Rossum, Paul Wesley Movie HD by MOVIES Coming Soon