1/17/2011

Dreamworks planning 'Peabody and Sherman', featuring Robert Downey, Jr.


 I used to love Rocky and Bullwinkle as a kid, even though I'll be the first to admit that I didn't always get all the jokes. It wasn't until years later that I really picked up on it. So the 'toon was tarnished pretty badly  thanks to the Robert De Niro starring live-action flick, but I've moved on past that now.  One of the reasons why the cartoon worked so well was that the satellite characters were just as funny and intelligent, with my personal favorite being Peabody's Improbable History.


Dreamworks must've loved it too, because they're prepping an animated flick featuring the adventures of Mr. Peabody and his loyal human companion, Sherman. The film will be totally CG and in 3D, and providing the voice of Peabody will be none other than Robert Downey, Jr. Perfect.  Not much else is known about the project as of yet, but an image from the film is due in the next few days.

For those that don't know what the heck Peabody's Improbable History is, it basically involves a brilliant talking dog named Mr. Peabody. He sets out to teach "his boy" Sherman, a human he adopted(as a twist on the ol' "boy and dog" theme in cartoons) about famous historical events. So with the use of his WABAC("way back") machine, they ventured back through time. My favorite part of every episode? Peabody would end every show with a terrible pun. I hope the movie does this, too.