11/12/2012

Anne Hathaway confirmed for Steven Spielberg's 'Robopocalypse'


After years as one of Hollywood's top actresses, 2012 has been a career best for Anne Hathaway. Already with The Dark Knight Rises under her belt, she'll likely fit into the Oscar race somehow with Les Miserables. But she's also taking steps to make sure next year is even better by working with Steven Spielberg in Robopocalypse.

Rumored to be in talks for the sci-fi adaptation just a couple of months ago, Hathaway confirmed to Empire that she'll be a part of it....

Hathaway: “If Robopocalypse happens I will be in it, and I believe it’s quite real, though you never want to hang your hat on anything.”

That would put her opposite Chris Hemsworth and maybe Ben Whishaw in the futuristic story set in a world where robots have become an accepted part of every day life, until an artificial intelligence beneath the Alaskan ice reprograms them to kill.

Working with Spielberg is probably on every actor's bucket list, but apparently it was especially high for Hathaway who was willing to drop everything for the opportunity...

Hathaway: “Whenever I’m taking time off, I always joke to my team that I’m on vacation unless Steven Spielberg calls. And I was on vacation and Spielberg called. So I was like, ‘OK, put my money where my mouth is’.”

Robopocalypse is due to open on April 25th 2014.