11/30/2015

First Look At Tina Fey In Wartime Comedy 'Whiskey Tango Foxtrot'


Next year Tina Fey does the unexpected and throws herself into the action in Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, an adaptation of war journalist Kim Barker's memoir, The Taliban Shuffle. Directed by John Requa and Glenn Ficarra (Focus), the wartime comedy recounts Barker's fish-out-of-water story as a woman covering conflicts in Afghanistan and Pakistan. The film co-stars Martin Freeman, Margot Robbie, Christopher Abbott, Alfred Molina, and Billy Bob Thornton, but it's Fey who is venturing into uncharted waters here, and she spoke to USA Today about the challenges of the roles...

“For me to get to do a movie where I fly in helicopters and shoot guns and run from explosions, that’s a treat. I don’t get to do any of those things on a daily basis. It couldn’t have been a more thrilling experience. I’m not supposed to be on SNL, I’m not supposed to be here making this movie. I should just be in suburban Pennsylvania being a high school teacher. The idea of someone having a very large life experience that no one would have expected was something very easy for me to connect with.”

Written by Robert Carlock, who worked with Fey on 30 Rock and SNL, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot opens March 4th 2016.