6/15/2016

Helen Mirren Straps In For 'Fast 8'!


“My great ambition is to be in a Fast and Furious movie. I so want to be a mad driver in a Fast and Furious movie. My claim to fame is I always do my own driving — I was on Top Gear, and I did [my lap] in a very good time. I keep putting it out there, and they never ask me."

Believe it or not that wasn't like, Milla Jojovich or Jessica Alba or someone like that. It was Helen Mirren just a couple of months ago, telling Yahoo! how badly she wants to join Vin Diesel in a Fast & Furious flick. And you know what? She's about to get her wish

Mirren confirmed to Elle that she has joined the cast of Fast 8, which may be the wildest sentence ever typed out on this website. It also suggests Diesel is going nuts to make this the biggest film yet. Here's what Mirren had to say about getting behind the wheel, because you know darn well she's going to...

“Well, yes. I’ve always rather loved driving. I said, ‘I’ll be in it, but only if I’m allowed to drive if I do drive in it.’ But we’ll see. We’ll see how it transpires. Film is a wonderful thing and it can be so many different things. I don’t want to turn my back on any of the different ways movies can be. I love the movies. I love going to the films. I like very serious films, I love foreign films, and I love big, fun movies–as long as they’re well made and they’ve got good scripts. That’s the most important thing.”

Mirren may be the only one who can take out Agent Hobbs one-on-one, just sayin'.Yo, what if she's working alongside the villainous Charlize Theron?? Too much to handle!! Fast 8 hits theaters April 14th 2017.