7/10/2009

Ryan Reynolds Up for Green Lantern role?


Doesn't it seem like Ryan Reynolds is up for every major property that comes down the line lately? I like the guy, Van Wilder aside, and he's got a unique combination of looks(not that I like like the guy or anything) and comedic timing that is rare nowadays. Plus the guy's an avid comic book fan, which just makes him cool. At the rate he's going I wouldn't be surprised to see him play Superman whenever that sequel comes 'round.

Now, thanks to the Hollywood Reporter, we're discovering that Reynolds is one of 3 contenders up for the role of Hal Jordan, the most well known of the Green Lanterns in the upcoming superhero flick. The other two contenders are The Hangover's Bradley Cooper and.....Justin Timberlake. Oy. Nothin' against JT. He was pretty good in Alpha Dog, but as the stoic, stone faced, grizzled Hal Jordan?

No. Just....no.

Out of this bunch I think Cooper has the look down, but for some reason I don't get excited for him as Hal. Reynolds is the safe, sure bet. I think in the end he'll be claiming the power ring as his own.