8/10/2009

"Open Road" theatrical trailer, poster, and synopsis


Open Road is a new film from Anchor Bay entertainment starring Jeff Bridges and Justin Timberlake. Say what you want about the dude but I've been more than impressed with Timberlakes acting chops. I know alot of people will fight me on that but based on 'Southland Tales' and 'Alpha Dog' I think the kid may be one of the few to make it from singing to acting succesfully. Do I really need to say anything about Jeff Bridges...I mean...he's the dude! So castwise this movie seems to be off to a good start, let's see what Anchor Bay has to say about the story, shall we?

In this heartwarming comedy, minor leaguer Carlton Garrett (Justin Timberlake) takes an unexpected road trip to track down his estranged father, legendary baseball player Kyle Garrett (Jeff Bridges) when Carlton’s mother (Mary Steenburgen) becomes sick. Knowing his charming yet painfully immature dad’s likelihood to disappoint, Carlton enlists his on-again-off-again girlfriend Lucy (Kate Mara) for emotional support. Once reunited, Carlton struggles to deal with the series of misadventures caused by his father’s antics, including missed flights, car trouble and bathroom brawls. Years of miscommunication, frustration and comically awkward attempts at bonding come to a head as the mismatched trio make their way from Ohio back home to Houston to reunite the family.

Here's the official theatrical trailer. Based on what I see here I'm actually really looking forward to seeing this. Call me cheesy but I digg father/son bonding movies and both Bridges and Timberlake seem to be in top form.



'The Open Road' opens in select theaters August 28th and opens wide sometime after that. More on this to come.